Great Trans Health Education ResourcesJul 04, 2022
We are doing something radical and unique at QueerCME, and we are not the only ones! We want to share other amazing resources in transgender continuing education online.
Trans owned and led operations:
- The Transgender Training Institute - The Transgender Training Institute (TTI) is a proudly trans-owned business that provides training and consulting services facilitated by transgender and non-binary people to contribute to a more just, equitable, and affirming world. We combine our topical expertise & lived experiences, formal training as educators, intersectional social justice values, and decades of facilitation experience to provide your participants with powerful professional development trainings.
- The Gender U -The vision of GenderU is to create a network of online educational presentations by transgender, nonbinary, intersex, and Two-Spirit people that are diverse in both the intersecting identities of the presenters as well as the content of the educational offerings.
National/International Organizations, not trans-led or owned:
- The National LGBTQAI Health Education Center- Provides education programs, resources, and consultations to healthcare organizations with the goal of optimizing quality, cost-effective healthcare for LGBTQIA+ people. They offer several free CE/CME accredited webinars in LGBTQ+ healthcare.
- WPATH- A non-profit, interdisciplinary professional and educational organization devoted to transgender health. Our professional, supporting, and student members engage in clinical and academic research to develop evidence-based medicine and strive to promote high-quality care for transgender and gender-nonconforming individuals internationally.
Additionally, in-person conferences can be extremely valuable. Building your network of like-minded and experienced providers is key in advancing your training and improving the quality of care for your patients. QueerCME membership comes with access to our QueerCME Student Connect, where you can post questions or thoughts in conversation with each other and our founder Dr. Crystal Beal. However, digital community can’t fully replace those connections made through shared in-person experiences. So check out some of these fantastic conferences:
- Philadelphia Trans Wellness Conference - this conference will be virtual in 2022 and anticipates a return to in-person events in 2023. PTWC is the world’s largest free trans wellness conference and emphasizes uplifting trans voices of color as presenters.
- WPATH -this is an international conference with hybrid formatting that often includes leaders in the field.
Hopefully, we will see you there!
SUBSCRIBE FOR MONTHLY UPDATES
QueerCME distriputes a monthly newsletter which details our content updates. We also offer free live stream didactic sessions on topics in gender affirming healthcare, so we send out reminders around those as well.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.