Resources from the Adovacy Live Stream DidacticApr 22, 2023
These are the links and resources I shared during Thursday's live stream lecture on getting involved in advocacy. I did not post a recording for premium member for security purposes, but you can find the slide deck with most of the slides in the QueerCME library if you are a paid subscriber. Please encourage others to subscribe. I need 301 more subscribers by the end of the year to continue creating new educational materials at QueerCME. Also, pricing increases after June!
- A Guide to Being a Good Ally
- Good reads and podcasts for allyship
- Organizations to connect with locally:
- HHS guidance
- OCR file a complaint
- QueerDoc Blog - Tips and Resources for Doing Advocacy Against Legislative Youth Care Bans
- Has recommended readings and videos to reference before writing your own testimony
- Accessing medical care:
Things you can do this week to advocate for trans people, trans youth, and gender affirming care:
- File complaint with OCR
- Internal self work
- Donate to or volunteer with ACLU or local organizations
- Draft your testimony
- Follow your local LGBTQ non-profit on social (quick actions)
- Write or call your legislators
- Donate and Follow Erin in the Morn
- Sign-up for the Whitman-Walker weekly newsletter (Weekly news about the latest gender-affirming care policy, media, advocacy, and training opportunities)
- Recruit your colleagues
SUBSCRIBE FOR MONTHLY UPDATES
QueerCME distriputes a monthly newsletter which details our content updates. We also offer free live stream didactic sessions on topics in gender affirming healthcare, so we send out reminders around those as well.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.