Favorite Puberty Blocker ResourcesAug 01, 2022
Hopefully you got to join us for our Puberty Blocker live stream. We learned so much together! I didn’t realize there was a nasal GnRH agonist. If you missed the live stream you can catch the replay with your paid membership to QueerCME.
We wanted to share all of our favorite puberty blocker resources with you here this week:
- Provider training rotation through Project Health. Project HEALTH offers students and post-graduates in the health care field an in-depth educational experience in transgender health care.
- Guidelines in youth gender affirming medical care:
- The Trifecta (must reads):
- UCSF Guidelines
- WPATH SOC8
- The Endocrine Society and Pediatric Endocrine Society
- The bonus points:
- American Academy of Pediatrics: Ensuring Comprehensive Care and Support for Transgender and Gender-Diverse Children and Adolescents
- Fenway: Medical Care of Gender Diverse Children and Adolescents
- The lecture that started it all for me!!!!! (Not really because my lived experience started my journey in this field, but this talk was one of my primary motivators to work with youth.)
- Dr. Olson-Kennedy (she/her) at Gender Odyssey in 2018. This talk is for both families and providers. This was one of the most useful and informative lectures in my career. Unfortunately, you can’t see the slides but you can hear and see Dr. Olson-Kennedy.
- Family educational resources:
- Free provider e-consults through TransLine
These are some of my not to be missed resources that I lean on regularly in youth gender affirming medical care involving puberty blockers. Read our blog next week to learn about my favorite resources around hormones in adolescents!
SUBSCRIBE FOR MONTHLY UPDATES
QueerCME distriputes a monthly newsletter which details our content updates. We also offer free live stream didactic sessions on topics in gender affirming healthcare, so we send out reminders around those as well.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.